MeiggsMedia LLC seeks an experienced writer to join our content team on a part-time basis. We are looking for someone to produce unique and compelling blog posts that focus on the topical concerns of everyday Americans and longer-form thematic content on financial and lifestyle topics. The candidate’s primary job will be to blog with MeiggsMeiggs on our websites www.mymillennialguide.com, www.gigsdoneright.com, and www.smarts.co.
Desired qualifications are:
- Experience as a journalist, freelancer or active blogger on investing and personal finance topics.
- Knowledge of personal finance and related topics.
- Experience with web publishing or blogging is preferred. Knowledge of WordPress highly desired.
- Active consumer of online financial/market news and views.
- A professional or academic record reflecting a love of language and editorial achievement.
- Very strong organizational, editorial and communication skills.
- Knowledge and passion for investing and financial markets.
- Understanding of social media & possession of social media accounts.
- Creative flair and willingness to experiment; flexibility amid changes in product direction.
- Patience with others joined with the ability to get things done collectively in a startup environment.
- Openess to feedback and/or constructive criticism.
The rate per word will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
To maintain continuity with the current editorial perspective of the site, preference will be given to applicants who write from a free market, frugal, or business-oriented stand point. Applicants with English as their first language are preferred.
(1) A quick email of one or two paragraphs describing the reason for your interest
(2) Links to your recent investment writing and web presence, if any
(3) Your resume as an attachment
For immediate consideration contact Brian: [email protected]